TitleBongaree Jetty in 1923DescriptionPhotograph taken in 1923 of the Bongaree Jetty (was also known as the Bribie Jetty in earlier days) and Kiosk. Both the jetty and kiosk were owned by the Brisbane Tug & Steamship Company. The building on the high stumps (Boarding House) and the building (Dining Hall) next to it on the mainland near the jetty were owned by the same company. The company leased the kiosk, the boarding house and the dining hall to the Moyles. The Moyles held the lease until after the War. The first lessees were people with the name of Jacques. When the original dance hall was relocated to become the clubhouse for the Bowls Club the locals used the dining hall for their dances.Date1923PhotographerUnknownCollectorJohn Oxley Library, BrisbaneHall, IanRecord typePhotographFormat typePhysicalOriginal format colourBlack and whiteNotesCopied by the John Oxley Library, BrisbaneLocation of originalsJohn Oxley Library, Brisbane
Negative Number: 8409
Access restrictionsPhysical copy restrictedRestrictions on useRestrictions varyConditions of useYou may print, copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement. [e.g. Image courtesy of City of Moreton Bay, reference number CLPC-P0001] To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution, contact email@example.com. Charges apply
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Country across our region. We also acknowledge and pay our respects to the Kabi Kabi, Jinibara and Turrbal Traditional Custodians, and their elders past, present and emerging.