Skip to header
Our   Story

Menu

Welcome to Moreton Bay - Our Story

Carmody's Royal Hotel in 1978Redcliffe BeachRedcliffe JettyAnzac Day parade in the early 1950sSeries of proofs - Buildings in the Pine Rivers ShireSign on Anzac Memorial Avenue, previously known as Redcliffe Road, late 1920sGroup of Australian Army men camped at Strathpine, 1944Pine Rivers Honour Gates, North Leagues and Services Club, Kallangur, 1998Anzac Day MarchAnzac Day ParadeThe Morrison family home in the Samford Valley, 1907Caboolture River Bridge on Morayfield Road, ca. 1920sOpposite the Redcliffe Jetty  ca. 1925Bullock team hauling empty molasses tankers from the Normanby Distillery to the Strathpine Railway Station, ca. 1948 Hornibrook Highway ca. 1970

Welcome


The Moreton Bay Local History Collection captures the history of the Moreton Bay Region, showing how our communities and suburbs have grown and changed over time, from the influences of large manufacturers, to the growth of our suburban centres and communities that are along the coastline and D'Aguilar Range.

Special Care Notice:
Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that content in this website and various linked websites may contain images, voices, or names of deceased persons.

Search


 

Featured


Opening of Norman L. Reilly Park in Strathpine, ca. 1993Loading hay onto a truck on England's farm, South Pine Road BrendaleJim Snodgrass (Plant Engineer) at the Petrie Mill, 1978Early construction of the Albany Creek Aquatic and Recreation Centre (later Albany Creek Leisure Centre)February 2022 Floods - Samantha Court, Deception BayPostcard showing the bowling green at Cash's Crossing, Albany Creek in the 1930sCedar Creek Public Hall, Closeburn, early 1980sAerial view of quarry operations on Kremzow Road Warner (corner Old North Road), 1996Group photograph of early setters in Caboolture, ca. 1912Woody Point BeachScarborough State SchoolMarle's BakehouseA visit by ex-servicemen who were members of the United States 1st Cavalry Division, 1988Children enjoying rides, 1966Dayboro's first hotel was built by James Kincaid Berry in 1892 and licensed as the Crown Hotel, ca. 1910Visit by the Governor Sir James and Lady Ramsay to Arana Hills Library, 1977R.W. MilnerPioneer homestead of C.T. (Charles Thomas) Williams and family, Mount Pleasant, ca. 1890January 2011 Flood Event - Debris in Leis Park LawntonGymkhana at the North Pine Country Park, late 1980sConstruction - Petrie MillB. KingstonFoundations of the house at 100 Laura StreetMacDonnell RoadBeach facilitySand Gardens CompetitionTraffic going to Redcliffe along Redcliffe Road Petrie, 1926Cobb & Co. coach, 1988Kilcoy StationPolice StationOpening of Norman L. Reilly Park in Strathpine, ca. 1993A Grade, Caboolture Rugby League Football Club in 1977Burpengary Creek, 1895Home in Peel Street ToorbulShops at 10 Hornibrook Esplanade ClontarfCaboolture Shire Council Offices and Shire ChambersDaisy Cottage, refurnished to accommodate the new office of Tourism Pine Rivers at Strathpine, 1998Former site of Soubirous Convent, Donkin StreetStanding on steps of a house, Esplanade DonnybrookSawing woodBBC Demolition - 7Mill machinery - Paper RollOriginal Council Chambers after being relocated to the Caboolture Historical VillageMembers of the Donnybrook Progress Association erecting the Welcome to Donnybrook signUnveiling of plaque ceremony honouring the United States of America (US) 1st Cavalry Division, 1988Unknown Female StaffSamford Rural Fire Brigade, 1987Peninsula from the airForestry - Newly planted section of forestryFishing

We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Country across our region. We also acknowledge and pay our respects
to the Kabi Kabi, Jinibara and Turrbal Traditional Custodians, and their elders past, present and emerging.