Take down request
Moreton Bay Region Libraries takedown request
Making a takedown request
If you find material in the Moreton Bay Region Libraries catalogue or on our website which you have not given permission to be made available, and which contravenes privacy laws, is defamatory, or is in breach of copyright law, contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details
- Full description and details of the material
- The reason for your request, including, but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, defamation etc.
Your request should be sent to:
Moreton Bay Region Libraries, PO Box 159, Caboolture Qld 4510
Responding to a takedown request
Moreton Bay Region Libraries will acknowledge your takedown request in writing and will make an initial assessment of the request.
The material may be temporarily removed from the Moreton Bay Region Library catalogue or website until a final decision is reached. Physical material may also be removed from the shelves.
Moreton Bay Region Libraries will make all possible efforts to resolve takedown requests quickly, with the following possible outcomes.
- Access to the material is restored unchanged on the Moreton Bay Region Library catalogue and website
- Access to the material is restored with changes on the Moreton Bay Region Library catalogue and website
- Access to the material is modified (eg physical access only and the digital copy is removed from the website)
- Material is retained in the collection but access is removed.
- Material removed from the collection.
There will be regular reviews of takedown decisions. Where the circumstances of the original takedown request have changed over time, it may result in access to the material being restored.