Warning. Cloning this item will not retain its parent-child relationship.
- Map Collections
- Melva Welch Collection
- Moreton Bay Manuscript Collection
- Plan Collections
- First Nations
- Military History
- Oral Histories
- Caboolture Shire Council - Oral history program
- Moreton Bay Oral History Collection
- Pine Rivers Shire Council - Oral history program
- Redcliffe City Council - Oral history program
- What's new
Kallangur was a small rural farming community with fruit growing, small crops, poultry farms and timber-getting, the area was viewed as just a northern rural extension of North Pine. Kallangur yielded a wonderful variety of timber: box, ironbark, bloodwood, yellow stringybark, oak, wattle and plenty of white gum. For many farmers, the timber provided posts and rails for fencing and stockyards. Timber not used was sold to sawmills and timber-getters.
Originally part of the Redcliffe Agricultural Reserve that was broken up for pastoral and agricultural purposes after separation from New South Wales in 1859, it was part of the Caboolture Divisional Board until 1888 when then it moved to Redcliffe Divisional Board. In 1921 it was transferred to Pine Shire Council.
Aerial photograph looking northeast over the North Pine River to Kallangur and the Murrumba Downs area, 1972.
APM GORDON KALLANGUR INTERSECTION AT DUFFIELD ROAD PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION LAYOUT PRELIMINARY ONLY [map]
DETAIL PLAN OF PROPOSED AREA OF OLD GYMPIE ROAD TO BE TEMPORATILY CLOSED AND USED TO EXTEND THE GROUNDS OF THE KALLANGUR STATE SCHOOL [map]