TitleBridge over the North Pine River shortly after it was opened in 1936DescriptionThe original road ran from Leis Parade under the railway bridge and crossed the North Pine River into what is now Sweeney Reserve before joining the Old Dayboro Road. This is the existing low level bridge which spans the North Pine River south of Petrie. Construction of the higher bridge, which was built on the downstream side of the old bridge, commenced in 1987. It became necessary to build the second bridge when Gympie Road was widened to accommodate a four-lane carriageway. During 1988, the bridges were jointly named the A.J. Wyllie Bridge to commemorate Alexander Jackson Wyllie (1854-1934). As well as having been an active and respected community member, Wyllie was the former owner of the land on the northern bank of the North Pine River in the vicinity of the park which now also bears his name.Date1936Record typePhotographFormat typePhysicalOriginal format colourBlack and white
Access restrictionsPhysical copy restrictedRestrictions on useRestrictions varyConditions of useYou may print, copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement. [e.g. Image courtesy of City of Moreton Bay, reference number PRLPC-P0001] To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Charges apply
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Country across our region. We also acknowledge and pay our respects to the Kabi Kabi, Jinibara and Turrbal Traditional Custodians, and their elders past, present and emerging.