TitleBleak House, Samford, ca. 1985DescriptionStairway leading to the lower level of Bleak House at Samford. Lots of timber work including timber floorboards. Stained glass surrounds the internal doorway. A bunch of flowers sits in a white jug on a side table to the left of photograph. Bleak House was originally a five-roomed cottage in Eastern Heights built in the 1860s. It was rebuilt by James Foote as a grand, two-storey mansion in the early 1890s, bought by his nephew Henry Smart Cribb after his death in 1895, before being partially demolished and moved in 1928 to make way for the Cribb Estate. The lower story survived in South Street Ipswich (Qld.) until 1985, when the house moved to Samford. There the new owners have restored it to its former glory.Dateca. 1985PhotographerSkinner, R.CollectorSkinner, R.Record typePhotographFormat typePhysicalOriginal format colourColour
Access restrictionsPhysical copy restrictedRestrictions on useRestrictions varyCopyright appliesConditions of useYou may print, copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement. [e.g. Image courtesy of Moreton Bay Regional Council, reference number PRLPC-P0001] To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Charges apply
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Country across our region. We also acknowledge and pay our respects to the Kabi Kabi, Jinibara and Turrbal Traditional Custodians, and their elders past, present and emerging.