TitlePine Shire Council Hall, Strathpine, ca. 1920DescriptionPostcard of the Pine Shire Council Hall (Old Shire Hall), Strathpine, ca. 1920. The first meeting of the Pine Divisional Board was held at the Albany Creek residence of Henry Thomas Ireland on 7 March 1888. Mr Ireland was unanimously elected as Chairman for the ensuing year. The Board held its first meetings in rented premises at Bald Hills until the following year when a meeting hall and office building, now known as the Old Shire Hall, was constructed in Strathpine. At least four extensions were added at a later date. In the early 1930s, for example, an office wing was added to the south eastern side of the small, rectilinear building as shown in this photograph. In 1985, the building was faithfully restored to replicate its original condition. The Shire Hall has acted as a focus for community activities for most of its life and it remains an important landmark on what was originally the main highway north from Brisbane and is now the main street of Strathpine (Gympie Road Strathpine).Dateca. 1920PhotographerMoore, R.P.CollectorEbert, HenryRecord typePostcardFormat typePhysicalOriginal format colourBlack and whiteOriginal format descriptionMonochrome colour.
Access restrictionsPhysical copy restrictedRestrictions on useRestrictions varyConditions of useYou may print, copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement. [e.g. Image courtesy of City of Moreton Bay, reference number PRLPC-P0001] To obtain copies for commercial purposes or of a higher resolution, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Charges apply
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Country across our region. We also acknowledge and pay our respects to the Kabi Kabi, Jinibara and Turrbal Traditional Custodians, and their elders past, present and emerging.