TitleFirst Redcliffe Fire StationDescriptionWeb Street Margate with the fire station on right of photo and truck at centre. The first Redcliffe Fire Board was formed in 1942 with Aldermen A.H. Langdon and A.J. McKenzie representing Redcliffe Town Council, A.M. Anderson and J. Bullock representing the State Government and E.H. Decker, H.E. Goldsworthy and H.J. Buchanan representing the Insurance companies. The Chief Officer was Frank Mayer. There was no fire station and equipment consisted of a Ford truck and a few hoses. Equipment was housed in the chief officer's garage and the men bunked under his house at the corner of Mavis Street and Webb Street Margate. Photograph taken ca. 1940s.Dateca. 1940CollectorEagle, JackRecord typePhotographFormat typePhysicalOriginal format colourBlack and white
Restrictions on useRestrictions varyConditions of useYou may print, copy or download images for private research. This image may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes with acknowledgement. [e.g. Image courtesy of City of Moreton Bay, reference number RLPC-000\000001] High resolution copies are unavailable for this image. For permission to use this image for commercial purposes contact email@example.com.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Country across our region. We also acknowledge and pay our respects to the Kabi Kabi, Jinibara and Turrbal Traditional Custodians, and their elders past, present and emerging.