- Map Collections
- Melva Welch Collection
- Moreton Bay Manuscript Collection
- Family papers and research notes
- George Griffin papers, 1840, 1847-1851
- John Stevenson papers, 1989-2016
- Moreton Bay Marathon, 1986-1989
- Queensland Brands Directories
- R. J. Apelt Samsonvale Cemetery 1988 Conservation Management Plan
- Records of the Samsonvale Hall and Samsonvale Rifle Club, ca. 1891-1936
- Thomas James Rothwell papers
- Plan Collections
- First Nations
- Military History
- Oral Histories
- Caboolture Shire Council - Oral history program
- Historical Audios - Pine Rivers Shire Council
- Moreton Bay Oral History Collection
- Pine Rivers Shire Council - Oral history program
- Redcliffe City Council - Oral history program
- What's new
The area around the Caboolture River was called Kabul-tur by the Brisbane Aborigines, meaning the place of the carpet snakes because these reptiles were plentiful in the region. The river was important for the opening up of the country to white settlement. Timber getters floated red cedar logs down the river, settlers arrived and ferried their supplies in by the same means.
By the mid 1860's the local pastoralists were experimenting with sugar cane and cotton. In 1867 a tiny settlement was established as a supply and trading centre for the settlers in the area and to service the needs of miners trekking from Brisbane to the goldfields near Gympie. The local shire was constituted in 1879 and in 1888 the railway line from Brisbane was opened.
The major components of the local economy are construction, property and business services, retail trade and agriculture. In fact, Caboolture is possibly the largest producer of strawberries in Queensland.
Adult learning opportunity reference directory for Caboolture Shire!! /[prepared by Caboolture Neighbourhood Centre volunteers]
Atlas of natural and cultural resources project handbook : for Caboolture Shire Council Caboolture Catchment Advisory Committee
Bringing into focus : issues of Caboolture Shire's diverse cultures / [Janet Baker and Associates for the MulticulturalAssociation of Caboolture Shire Inc.]
Caboolture Catholic Parish centenary 1894-1994 / [prepared by the Caboolture Catholic Church Centenary Committee
Caboolture Shire Council : commemorating the official opening of the Shire Administration Centre / Caboolture Shire Council.
Caboolture Shire Council sport and recreation strategy. Final report / prepared by Strategic Leisure Pty Ltd [for Caboolture Shire Council].
Caboolture Shire Economic strategy : report to Caboolture Shire Development Association, Inc. / ; creating a healthy future / Dr. Thomas Mandeville [et.al.]